Thursday, March 26, 2020

What a Wonderful Moment for Learning

My friend David said "What a wonderful moment for learning" back in 2013. I think he has said it many times before and since. Learning continues to take place every day, sometimes it means locking in certain patterns and behaviors, which can be comforting, and sometimes it means breaking down things we thought before, and rebuilding from the wreckage, which can be stressful. Maybe it's the other way around. In any case, learning- (making new neural connections) can be stressful. Let's review what I've asked you do this week: First, I want you to think of the Life Balance Wheel. Here are a few examples:
Remember the purpose of ranking yourself was to get a "snapshot" self-assessment of your life at this time.
Next, I had you reimagine these parts of your life (the 6 Components of Health) into some other type of model. Here are a few examples:


Then I asked you to make a PSA. Here are a few examples:



Then, I had you take some screenshots of your computer to prove you bookmarked sites.


Next, I would like you to watch this TED Talk. A little history: the speaker, David, lives in Avila Beach. Right now, he teaches English at Santa Maria High School. He and I worked together a few years ago when I taught at Pioneer Valley High School in Santa Maria. We have a connection, and we still learn from each other.

Ok, so, take a deep breath, invite your family members to come over and watch as well, and just listen to David's TED Talk.


After you watch the video, please refer back to the Google Classroom "Learning" Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment