Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Week 4 Journals

Agenda/Topics
1. Info
2. Brene Brown Podcast and our Textbook
3. Medcram
4. Communicating with family
5. Journaling

I have enjoyed reading your questions and comments over the past couple of days, thank you for your opinions and insights.

We are approaching Spring Break, you will not be getting assignments during this time, they will resume on April 14.

Yesterday I shared Brené Brown’s podcast episode. She mentioned that collectively, we are coming out of a panic mode and becoming exhausted. That reminded me of our textbook, describing the Exhaustion Stage of the "general adaptation syndrome" model. "In this stage, you cannot take the resistance to the stressor any longer, especially if several stressors occur in a row." p. 82. It goes on to say that your immune system cannot fight illness during this stage.

Brené recommends that we get our news from calm, medically and epidemiologically relevant sources. This made me feel mentally peaceful, because I feel comfortable with the information I have been receiving and sharing through MedCram. (Here is the latest update if you are interested).

She also says that naming your % level is helpful to communicate with your family. For example: "I am at 50%, or I am at 30%" referring to your ability to deal with things in that moment. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that strategy, comment below if you'd like to weigh in.

And now we come to Journaling. I want to keep this simple, yet effective and worthwhile. We only have 3 more days of work, then I'll back off for Spring Break. Today, I'd like you to start your journal. If it's on paper, fantastic, you can take a photo and post it to today's Google Classroom Post. If it's on the Google Doc in Google Classroom, wonderful. It does need to be in a place that you will be able to review at a later date, so make it easy on yourself. (Do not comment your journal below)

Please use words to describe your emotions, here is a guide.


Here are today's Journal Topics:

1. How do you feel as you hear news of what is happening in the world?
2. What are you looking forward to over Spring Break?
3. What have you been learning over the past 2 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment